Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums

Go Back   Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums > The Classical Music Auditorium > The Classical Music Sound Hole

Notices

The Classical Music Sound Hole Classical music discussion on any subject which falls outside the categories below

Current Purchases......

Old 24-04-10, 03:42 AM

Stlukesguild is just really nice Stlukesguild is just really nice Stlukesguild is just really nice Stlukesguild is just really nice Stlukesguild is just really nice

I've yet to listen to this one. Its been a hectic week and there's quite a back-log. I did greatly enjoy the disc of his cello works that I got earlier:

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. - Albert Einstein
Old 27-04-10, 01:51 AM

Mirror Image will become famous soon enough

On the way:

Last edited by Mirror Image; 27-04-10 at 03:45 AM.
Old 27-04-10, 03:05 AM

Stlukesguild is just really nice Stlukesguild is just really nice Stlukesguild is just really nice Stlukesguild is just really nice Stlukesguild is just really nice

OK... OK... even I'll have to admit I went a little crazy this month:

continued...
Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. - Albert Einstein
Old 27-04-10, 03:08 AM

I'm focusing on broadening my collection of earlier music... especially the Baroque... while not avoiding a good selection of contemporary and the occasional Romantic music.

I've long loved Rubinstein's Chopin... at at the current prices... I couldn't resist.
Old 27-04-10, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlukesguild View Post
OK... OK... even I'll have to admit I went a little crazy this month
Yes, I believe you have.
Old 27-04-10, 09:30 AM

micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of

Name:  3760014190209.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  46.0 KB

Name:  41FTtgER4gL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  14.0 KB
Old 27-04-10, 07:54 PM

My second recording of an opera (a rare one at that):

My first recording of an opera (that is if it's considered an opera) was Berlioz's "La Damnation de Faust" with Sir Colin Davis.
Old 27-04-10, 11:10 PM

That's a lovely opera at that. It mixes elements of the English pastoral with French Impressionism... and of course, Richard Wagner (no one escaped his influence).
Old 28-04-10, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlukesguild View Post
That's a lovely opera at that. It mixes elements of the English pastoral with French Impressionism... and of course, Richard Wagner (no one escaped his influence).
As you know I'm a big Delius fan, I had to buy this recording for two reasons: 1. it's a collector's item and 2. it is considered one of his masterpieces. I also wanted to buy "Koanga," but it's out-of-print and very expensive. "Koanga" was a very innovative opera as well and was the first to use Black characters in leading roles. This opera predates by almost 40 years! Delius is never given any credit for his innovations, which I think is a pity, because he deserves so much more than just simple superlatives.
Old 28-04-10, 09:34 AM

micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of micrologus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrologus View Post
Just found a very interresting review:

http://theclassicalreview.com/cds-dv...04/via-crucis/