Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums

Go Back   Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums > Welcome, Feedback & Technology > Announcements & Welcome

Notices

Announcements & Welcome Say a few words about yourself & view announcements about Brightcecilia. What brought you to the Brightcecilia music forums?

Help with background classical music on a TV programme

Old 12-04-12, 11:17 PM

Tezza is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Help with background classical music on a TV programme

Good evening everyone, this is my first post as I'm not all that knowledgeable about classical music.

I'm after the names of the composers & their actual pieces of music in the BBC TV programme called Julia Bradbury's German Wanderlust (Saxon Switzerland). It gives a list of the composers at the end in part 2, but I don't know which composer wrote which piece and also it doesn't give the titles.
It's infuriating when you like some music but can't find the title.

Could anybody please help?

Thanks in advance,

Tezza

Listening to some music by Luigi Boccherini (brilliant) at the minute. Only just discovered it after hearing it on Classic FM
Old 13-04-12, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of

Welcome Tezza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezza View Post
I'm not all that knowledgeable about classical music.
Me neither! Here's part 2:

I've only listened to a few minutes but there's lots of Strauss and Wagner scattered about... plus some Haydn, early Beethoven and (I think) extracts from a Weber Clarinet Concerto. I suspect that to get a full, timed, list you'd need to email the producer.

But you never know.... someone here might go through it and make you a list!
Old 05-03-13, 09:56 PM
Brightcecilian

VWNUT is on a distinguished road
Default julia bradbury german travelogue

hi tezza. the opening piece is the 2nd movement of beethoven's 8th symphony. i dont know the 2nd piece but it's followed by the 2nd movement of beethoven' 5th piano concerto{ the emperor}. then there's a piece with clarinet which may be one of weber's clarinet concertos as opined by one of the members. then comes the 2nd movement of either beethoven' 1st or second piano concertos, followed by a piece i dont recognize but which sounds like early wagner and finally beethoven's emperor again. you can buy all these works on amazon for 1 penny each plus 1.26 post and packing so no excuse for not acquiring these staples of the classical music diet! best wishes from VW NUT
Old 06-03-13, 04:03 AM

Despina41 has a brilliant future Despina41 has a brilliant future Despina41 has a brilliant future Despina41 has a brilliant future Despina41 has a brilliant future Despina41 has a brilliant future Despina41 has a brilliant future Despina41 has a brilliant future Despina41 has a brilliant future Despina41 has a brilliant future Despina41 has a brilliant future

The second piece is a horn arrangement of Schumann's easy piano piece, "The Merry Farmer."